Treatment For Bleeding Nose
• Before you attempt any home remedies for the nose bleed, try to blow some air from your nose, this helps in removing any clots that keeps the blood vessel open. Sometimes, blowing or applying little pressure is enough to clear the bleeding nose.
• If you are suffering from bleeding nose sit in an upright position. Tilting your head backwards would lead to swallowing your own blood.
• To stop the bleeding, make the person smell the fumes of freshly cut onion. The fumes act as a natural thickening agent which stops the bleeding within few seconds.
• A cotton swab dipped in white vinegar, placed in your nose helps in minimizing the flow of blood from the nose.
• The use of an ice pack can be helpful too.
• If you are prone to nose bleed, make some changes in your diet. Make iron part of your diet as it contains hemoglobin, an important component of red blood cells.
• Avoid foods which have high salicylates found in coffee, tea, most fruits, vegetables, almonds, apples, apricots, all berries, mint cloves, currants, grapes, raisins and many more.
• Keep tabs on your blood pressure level because hypertension is a major causes for nose bleeds.
• Keep the air clean by using distilled water in the humidifier.
• Increase your vitamin C intake as it is useful in formation of collagen an integralpart of body tissue.
• A dry nose is another reason for nose bleed and smoking contributes to it. Keep the nasal passage moist, avoid smoking.
• When suffering from nose bleed, consume one teaspoon cayenne pepper or red pepper or chili pepper or Tabasco sauce mixed with water that very instant.
• Sniff Witch Hazel tea when suffering from nose bleed.
• Sniffing Cranesbill’s powder curbs nose bleed
• Make herbal tea from four parts of Comfrey root, six parts of Horsetail grass, three parts oat straw and one part Lobelia. One teaspoon of these herbs can be used for one cup of water. Have it twice daily, morning and evening.
• During a nose bleed you can inhale small amount of Bayberry Bar or Oak Bark tea.
• Have two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar for one glass of water. It is very useful when suffering from nose bleed. Have this three times a day as it helps in reinstating the natural clotting properties of the blood.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.