Free Scrapbooking Paper To Print
Scrapbooking paper forms the background for every page of your scrapbook. If you begin to do many scrapbooks, it can be a major cost. To save that cost, many people look for free scrapbooking paper to print from their computers. Below, we will tell you how to find free scrapbooking paper to print. We will also discuss important things to remember about your scrapbooking paper.
Why Special Scrapbooking Paper
At first, you may be tempted to use plain construction paper for your scrapbooks – or colored paper for your printer. Scrapbooking paper is higher priced than either of those, and it doesn’t seem that special!
Preservation: Scrapbooking paper is special because it is intended for the best preservation of your photos and memorabilia. Scrapbooking paper is acid-free and lignin-free. What does that mean for you?
* Acid-free: Scrapbooking paper that is acid-free has a neutral pH. At most, the pH should be between 6 and the neutral 7. The wood pulp of which scrapbooking paper is made contains natural acids. These are neutralized in production by treating the paper with a substance such as calcium. The paper may be buffered also to keep additional acids from forming.
Acid-free scrapbooking paper is used because scrapbooks are intended to last a long time. Acid-free paper will not yellow and deteriorate as regular paper will. In addition, acid-free scrapbooking paper will not harm your photos, or cause them to deteriorate.
* Lignin-free: Lignin is another substance found in wood pulp. Lignin makes acidity even worse. It intensifies acidity. Scrapbooking paper that is acid-free, but not lignin-free, will not remain acid-free as long. Lignin can be removed in the pulping process, but adds to the cost of scrapbooking paper.
You may have a newspaper that has turned brown over time. That brownness is caused by the lignin, which makes acid form inside the paper fibers. Scrapbooking paper that is lignin-free is not as likely to turn brown.
Problems with Free Scrapbooking Paper to Print
Free scrapbooking paper to print on your own machine may have drawbacks that will make you reconsider.
1. Scrapbooking paper you print will not be acid-free and lignin-free unless you purchase special paper for your printer. Such paper is available, of course. You simply need to check before you purchase.
Acid-free possibilities at office supply stores online include: regular multiuse and copy paper; color copy paper; inkjet paper; laser paper; and business stationery.
2. If you decide to find free scrapbooking paper to print, you will probably have to settle for a smaller size. Scrapbooking paper is often 12″ x 12″ and few printers are capable of handling that size. Even if you use 8.5″ x 11″ paper, your printer’s margins may prevent you from printing the next convenient size of 8″ x 8″.
3. Free scrapbooking paper to print at home is not likely to offer as many patterns and colors. You may want to look for digital scrapbooking paper, enhance it in a graphics program such as Adobe PhotoShop, and then print it.
How to Find Free Scrapbooking Paper to Print
Scrapbooking paper found online is sometimes totally FREE – no strings attached. At other websites, you may be asked to take a survey, or sign up for a newsletter before gaining access to free scrapbooking paper.
Begin a Google search by typing the search phrase “free scrapbooking paper to print” without quotation marks. You should find several websites at the top of Google’s results. Usually, what you want will be in the first 10 or 20 sites only.
When you have finished looking at those sites, type the phrase “free digital papers” or “free digital scrapbooking” without quotation marks. You should get additional websites that offer free scrapbooking paper to print.
For even more choices, simply visit scrapbooking sites. Many offer several free items to lure customers to their store.
Finally, look on your computer software for free scrapbooking paper to print. Software programs often have patterned stationery templates that make good scrapbooking paper. If you are working with Adobe Photoshop or a similar program, create your own scrapbooking paper by repeating a pattern.
Let your imagination take over, and you will soon see free scrapbooking paper in many places.